- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Help2Quit: A Training for OB-GYN Providers on Helping Pregnant and Postpartum Women Quit Smoking/Vaping
May 20, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Wanda M. Hembree MD, FACOG, Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Liz Cohen, MSW, LCSW-Director Women’s Mental Health & Wellness Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine
The Help2Quit program, a project of the WV Perinatal Partnership aims to improve birth outcomes by reducing smoking before, during and after pregnancy. Webinar topics presented:
- Evidence-based, best practice brief counseling intervention
- Motivational interviewing techniques
- Pharmacotherapy, including during pregnancy and lactation
- Billing and reimbursement, including CPT codes, reimbursement rates and other FAQs
- Information about the WV Tobacco Quitline and how to proactively refer to the service
- How to access free tobacco cessation patient education materials
- How to help those who are not ready to quit; harm reduction and the 5R’s
- Integrating tobacco use screening and treatment into clinic work flow
To participate go to this link to register:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Obstetric/GYN practices with at least one provider and two staff participating in the webinar are eligible to receive a $50 gift card to provide lunch, for their office. Contact Heather Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
**Continuing education credits available pending approval**
To learn more about perinatal outreach education opportunities, contact Shauna Lively, Perinatal Outreach Education Director, at (304) 516-1083 or email@example.com.