WVAHC – West Virginians for Affordable Health Care
Consumer Voices for Health Care
2017 Kids’ Roundtables
October 5, 2017
Adverse Childhood Experiences
Held in partnership with the West Virginia ACEs Coalition
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Martinsburg Holiday Inn
301 Foxcroft Avenue, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25401
The program is designed to bring professionals from multiple disciplines together to discuss perinatal and child health issues.
A LAMAZE® INTERNATIONAL
WORKSHOP 7 CEUS
MIDWIVES AND RNS
WVU Medicine Children’s CEOD Training room 2 at WVU Medicine Operations Support Center
November 30, 2017
8:30 until 4:30 pm
Molly McMillion, RN, IBCLC, LCCE and Shauna Lively, EdD, RN LCCE will lead this one-day event. Their expertise and guidance will boost your confidence while helping develop the skills needed to become a nurturing labor support care provider.
Good labor support, including mothers with epidurals, will reduce CS rates, according to the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative. ACOG’s recently published paper also suggests fewer interventions for the best outcomes.
Who Should Attend
This workshop has been designed specifically to meet the professional needs and goals of labor nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse managers, midwives, staff nurses and other care providers for women.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Analyze the nurses impact on maternal and neonatal outcomes and on maternal birth satisfaction
- List components of a safe and supportive birth environment
- Evaluate intrapartum practices according to standards of evidence-based care
- Provide a variety of non-pharmacologic labor support techniques
- Utilize methods associated with decreased need for medical intervention and lower cesarean rates
- Identify strategies to overcome barriers to change
Cultivate Your Labor Support Skills by registering for this workshop. This workshop is limited to 24 participants! Contact our host hospital’s educator, Maria Patrick at gro.e1506423026nicid1506423026emuvw1506423026@Mkci1506423026rtaP1506423026
This workshop is generously sponsored by
The WV Perinatal Partnership
Funded by DHHR Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health